How to Remove ‘Open to Work’ from LinkedIn Profile
If you use LinkedIn, you have probably noticed the most recent addition to the “Open to work” feature. This feature helps send job applications to live LinkedIn ads. Also, it helps bookmark positions for potential future applications. The use of the ‘Open to work’ function to notify recruiters that you are seeking employment. Therefore, you might need to remove this open-to-work sign from your profile if you’ve obtained a new job. When people get a job and they are no longer looking for another work. The feature of job allocation can cause a lot of fuss and even affect the LinkedIn algorithm. Most people struggle to remove their LinkedIn status as “open to work” due to its complexity.
Everything that appears on your profile is taken to be deliberate. You will keep receiving job alerts and requests if you don’t update your profile on a regular basis. However, you are no longer in need of it. For this reason, when you are done using “Open to Work,” you must remove it. This short, step-by-step tutorial will show you how to remove open to work feature from LinkedIn.
Remove ‘Open to Work’ on a PC Desktop
If you want to make this frame just visible to selected members you can do it. You just need to control your privacy by limiting who can see the “open to work” frame visible to recruiters only. By altering your privacy settings, you can select preferred locations, jobs, and businesses without eliminating the feature.
On the other hand, take these actions to remove the feature:
- Use your browser to access the LinkedIn platform.
- A menu appears at the top when it opens. In the top-right area of your LinkedIn homepage, click “Me.” You can access your profile pop-up by doing this.
- When the pop-up window appears, select “View Profile” to be taken to your page of profile.
- Another way to get to the profile page is to click on your picture on the left.
- After that, click the profile picture again. Next, select the “Frames” icon located at the bottom.
- Your profile has the hashtag #OpenToWork selected. To return it to default, select “Original,” then click “Apply.”
- You can either share it with recruiters exclusively or disable “Open to Work” from the pop-up window that appears. If you select “Remove ‘Open to Work’ from your profile,” the feature will be completely removed from your LinkedIn profile. If you select “Share ‘Open to Work’ with recruiters only,” then all contacts will not be able to see it.
- Once you’ve decided, select “Save.”
Take Off LinkedIn Open to Work Feature on Phone
- Launch the LinkedIn app, then tap on your profile picture in the upper-left corner of the home screen.
- Select the “View Profile” option located at the top of the displayed menu.
- To see a slide menu at the bottom, tap the profile picture portion once more.
- Click the menu and choose “Edit frame.”
- Tap on “Original” and then “Apply” at the top of the screen when the Frames filter appears.
- A pop-up window appears giving you the option to share the feature with recruiters exclusively or remove it completely. Once you tap on your preferred option, it’s complete and your profile will be fully removed from open to work.
Take Off the Frame from the Photo on Your LinkedIn Profile
The option to show “Open to Work” to recruiters exclusively will not be shown across the profile frames. On the other hand, when you access your profile, the top section labeled “Open to” will be visible. Your job titles, job types, workplaces, and job locations are all described in it.
To disable this feature as well, follow these instructions:
- On your desktop computer or mobile device, open your LinkedIn profile page.
- Beneath the headline of the profile is a section labeled “Open to work”. In the upper-right corner of the section, click the pencil icon.
- Click on “Edit Job Preferences” and tap on “Delete from profile” at the bottom.
- A pop-up window alerting you that you are available for work and will no longer have access will appear. To disable the feature, tap “Delete.”
Other members won’t be able to find out if you’re available for work once you exclude the status from LinkedIn. Switching off the “open for work” frame may have a drastic impact on how many offers you receive. However, is essential if you are the recruiter to prevent getting pointless notifications. This lessens the number of emails or messages you must read. Therefore, knowing how to delete this status from LinkedIn is crucial.
LinkedIn is a useful tool for growing your professional network. It offers a chance to network, find employment, sell job openings, exchange knowledge, and connect with potential clients. The platform has every category needed for a job. As soon as you enter all the information required, it matches your profile with opportunities or other relevant profiles.
Recruiters can see if you are available for work by viewing the “Open to Work” frame on the LinkedIn platform. However, if you are not looking for work, this feature may mislead you. So, it would be very beneficial to remove it. You may find it difficult because it’s a recent development, but the straightforward instructions above are straightforward. This article blog should help you understand how to delete the status on LinkedIn.