5 Easy Ways to Download MP4 Videos from YouTube
YouTube is one of the most frequently used apps with over 5 billion downloads and is our go-to platform for watching or bingeing all kinds of videos. from educational videos to DIYs to muckbangs we have access to over 800 million videos online. What happens when you no longer have access to the internet or the urge to disconnect? You no longer have to give up on your favorite YouTube videos when your connection is restricted; here are 5 easy ways to download mp4 videos from YouTube from your computer system or mobile device.
YouTube MP4 Video Download: 5 Simple Methods
1. YouTube builtin feature
YouTube builtin feature is one of the five ways to download mp4 videos from YouTube. Nowadays, everybody whos anybody is hardly ever offline. Though, we find ourselves using our internet devices to access various sites and services. A majority of our time is spent watching videos and scrolling, YouTube is the most often visited site for leisure or required purposes. However, sometimes you need to prepare yourself for what to do when you don’t have internet access. Youtube’s new application feature allows you to save videos offline to view without internet access, here is how to do it:
Step 1: Firstly, Open the YouTube application.
Step 2: secondly, Select the video you wish to save offline.
Step 3: then, Tap on the download button given beneath the video and set the quality for download.
Step 4: Once the download has started, you will receive an update.
- One major advantage is, it does not violate YouTube’s terms and conditions
- Moreover, downloading directly ensures a higher quality
- Lastly, it is reliable and faster
- However, not all videos are available to download
- Conversely, the feature is only available in the YouTube application
- The only way to watch videos is using the YouTube app.
- Video cannot be transferred to other devices/platforms.
2. Mobile Apps to download MP4 videos from YouTube
Mobile apps have made it possible to have the world at your fingertips, from browsers to fidget games. One of these apps can be found in almost every device nowadays on YouTube; allowing us to access a myriad of videos at our fingertips. Additionally, There are mobile apps that can also help you save your beloved content on your phone to view whenever without ads such as TubeMate. Here is how the mobile application can allow you to download your favourite mp4 videos from YouTube :
Step 1: Download the mobile app from your application store on your phone.
Step 2: Open the YouTube mobile application and load your video.
Step 3: Select share and copy the URL of the video.
Step 4: Open the video downloader and enter the link where the label requires you to do so.
Step 5: You will be asked about the format and quality, and decide on your preferred optimization.
Step 6: Select download and your video will shortly appear in your gallery, you can check the drop-down menu for progress.
- Your mobile device automatically downloads videos.
- Easy to watch on the go.
- More customization options.
- User-friendly interface; fewer ads compared to third-party websites.
- Violation of YouTube’s terms and conditions.
- Selecting the wrong video downloader may lead to malware.
- Not all content is available for download.
3. Download MP4 videos from YouTube via Screen Record
Screen recording is another way that allows you to capture every activity on your monitor screen with just a keystroke after accessing the application/software. However, due to the recent growth of gaming channels and streaming across YouTube, we have seen a significant rise in the application of software such as OBS for computer systems. In most mobile devices, screen recording is a built-in feature and will not require additional software. Here are two ways how to save your YouTube video using screen record on your mobile device as well as computer.
3.1 Computer System
Step 1: Download and set up the software you are using to screen record.
Step 2: Open the screen you want to capture the video from and prepare to launch the recording software.
Step 3: Set up the keystroked to start and end the screen record, preferably a combination key (optional).
Step 4: Start the YouTube mp4 video as the recording commences.
Step 5: Stop the recording once the video ends.
Step 6: Save the file in your desired format (if allowed by the software) and you have your video to rewatch whenever.
3.2 Mobile Device
Step 1: Go to your device’s settings and allow for screen record to show up in your drop-down menu
Step 2: Open the YouTube mp4 video
Step 3: Start the recording and let the video play entirely
Step 4: When the video ends, drop down the menu to stop recording and your video will automatically be saved to your gallery
- Enables you to download videos that would normally be blocked by the creator
- On a computer, it can be saved in any format; on a mobile device, it will be converted to the device’s default video format.
- Can capture subtitles along with the videos
- Can capture live streams with live commenting
- In many cases, your video quality will decrease
- Violation of the copyright law
- Requires more software and occupies disc space
4. Download MP4 videos from YouTube through Browser extension
Furthermore, Browser extensions have evolved to be personal assistants to many people today with the latest ones helping out with grammar, discounts, writing, managing and more. They allow you to have easy access to the components of an application and reduce the time taken.
There are extensions now for Chrome, Edge, Opera and various browsers that can assist you in downloading your desired video as well; the most common is currently Easy Video Downloader available on the Chrome web store. Here is how it works:
Step 1: Download the browser and pin it temporarily to your search bar.
Step 2: Open the YouTube video you wish to download.
Step 3: Open the extension, commonly located in the top left corner of the search bar.
Step 4: The assistant will drop down, allowing you to select the video quality and format.
Step 5: Wait for the download to finish and you’re good to go!
- Quick and Easy.
- No need of a separate application.
- Less chance of malware (if the extension is downloaded from a reliable source)
- Wide range of formats and all available qualities to select from.
- Accessible via personal computer and mobile device both.
- Not all videos will be available for download.
- Also it violates YouTube’s terms and conditions.
5. Use a third-party Application to download MP4 videos from YouTube
Finally, third-party websites required to download videos to your computer are Y2mate, Keepvid and SSYouTube. These websites trace the link and prepare your video for download and various quality. You can follow these steps to download your video:
Step 1: Firstly, open the desired third-party website that you decided on using.
Step 2: Secondly, look out for the label to enter the URL of the desired video.
Step 3: Then copy the link for the mp4 YouTube video you wish to download.
Step 4: Once the URL is scanned and traced the party will give you various Quality options and formats to download it in (make sure you select mp4).
Step 5: Now, Your video is ready to watch.
- Firstly it quick and easy.
- Furthermore, no need of a additional software.
- Wide range of quality is another benefit.
- Moreover, wide range of formats is provided.
- Allow conversions to a different format.
- It can be unsafe (a potential threat to your device).
- However it YouTube terms and services.